How to create a Web site
To create a Web site is now a a really common requirement. If you want to create a Web site yourself, without the expense of hiring an expert or specialized service, you may find it useful to read the following quick task list:
1) find some Web space (hosting). If you want the whole World to be able to see your Web pages (your personal ones, or your company site) the pages have to be hosted on a computer permanently connected to the Internet. There are many firms with dedicated Internet connections that offer this service for an annual or monthly fee. You are free to choose the one that best fits your needs.
We suggest VisionHost - if you get 1Site as Web editor (see step 4), you can purchase a 1Site + a VisionHost web space / domain name in a single solution.
There are also firms that host your site for free, but you have to show their advertising banners on your site, and they are usually not so reliable (if you have real traffic, they will kindly ask you to pay; it is also happened that some even legally robbed the "free" site - sometimes when you subscribe their contract, you give them rights), so this option should be avoided for any professional purpose.
2) you will need also a domain name. What's a domain? If your firm’s name is “Reed Steels”, it would be nice if your clients could find you by writing http://reedsteels.com or http://www.reedsteels.com. To do this you have to buy (“register”) the “domain” reedsteels.com, and set it to point to your Web space (it is sufficient to talk with whoever sold you the Web space). There are services that deal exclusively with the selling of domain names (e.g. directnic.com), and others that also host Web sites.
Some Web hosting companies do include the domain name in the Web hosting package (such as VisionHost), in other words you can get domain + web space at the same time, and they do the boring technical configuration.
1b,2b) alternatively, you can also purchase a static Internet link from your telephone or cable company. You will need a computer that is always switched on, with Web server software like Apache running, and some tech knowledge. Of course unless you have employees that monitors it 24/7, it wouldn't be so reliable as the hosted solution;
3) when you purchase the Web space, you must store the so called "FTP parameters" given to you by your host in a safe place. Generally they are server, user name, password, and will be required to publish your site. They are like the key for your car.
4) say you have a web space and a domain, then you should search for a visual Website editor, a program for creating the Website and putting it online within the Web space. Hey, you are in the right place for this: 1SITE is a formidable tool for creating Web sites of any kind. It can manage a Web site in a single solution, so it is much easier to use than more complex technically-orientated tools (click here to see the order page...).
5) once you are happy with your site, you have to publish it to the Internet. If the software has a built-in FTP engine, it is very simple (1SITE includes this. See the internal tutorial or the PDF manual). If not, you just need to search for shareware FTP software.
6) when your site is published, it is a good idea to submit it to search engines.
Creating a Web site is not a complicated task. With time and patience, and a slight of artistic flare, you will obtain great results.
So click here, get 1SITE now, and learn how to create a Web site in minutes! It is really simple to create a Web site with 1SITE!!
easy and professional software for great people!
Take advantage of our great offers and be productive in minutes. [click here to go to the order page]
Main functions in ten steps [click here]
Read the manual online [click here]
Immediate response to frequently asked questions [click here]
Read the new manual, it's easy [click here]
Exchange ideas, tips, and tricks with other users. Join the free Web forum [click here]
Are you going to create your first Web site? Read here what you should know. [click here]
Searching for Web space hosting? [click here]
Accepting Credit Cards [click here]
Web space hosting [click here]
Website statistics [click here]
Search engine submission [click here]
Web site monitoring [click here]
Choose "save to disk", save somewhere on your HD, then when the download is finished double click the icon to install [dowload]
Other Visual Vision products: